It’s my daughter’s wedding this week so I shall be away from the office – probably tearing my hair out and getting stressed, but hopefully planning for a beautiful, memorable day. It will be the culmination of much planning but I will be immensely proud of my daughter as she walks down the church aisle with her father and I expect I will shed a tear or two!
Even at weddings or other festive occasions it is still important to follow some simple advice to reduce the opportunities for burglars.
- Intruder alarms are a good deterrent but remember to set it when leaving the house
- Close and lock all accessible doors and windows when going out
- Use timer switches linked to lights or a radio as this will help make the house seem occupied
- A small safe fixed to a solid surface will protect valuables.
- Property mark valuables and take photographs of jewellery.
I shall be back to work the following week – penniless [ aren’t weddings VERY expensive!!] but happy!