Next Tuesday 7th February is Safer Internet Day and the theme is “Be the change: unite for a better internet”.
Cyber crime is on the increase as more and more of us use the internet for shopping, banking, social networking etc. The following top 5 tips will help you to stay safer online:
- Choose passwords carefully and use a different one for every online account.
- Ensure you have security software loaded in computers and a similar app on mobile devices
- Never reveal too much personal or financial information in emails or on social networking sites
- Online or on the phone, people are not always who they claim to be. Don’t click on links or open attachments if the source isn’t known and trustworthy
- Always remember, if something seems too good to be true, it probably is!
Visit http://www.getsafeonline.org for free expert advice about all aspects of staying safe online