Schools are breaking up and holidays begin. It’s an exciting time of year, but …….. you don’t want your holiday spoilt by returning to find your home has been broken into. Most burglaries occur when there is nobody at home so please do think about your security before you leave for your well earned holiday – much of it is common sense:
- have you cancelled your newspapers and milk?
- have you a neighbour who will look after your home while away – pop in to draw your curtains at night, take in any mail, leave a car on the driveway – anything to make your house look occupied?
- have you locked all your tools away in the garage or shed?
- have you checked all door and windows are locked?
- have you considered using timer switches?
- have you removed valuables from view?
- have you considered what information you should put on social media and not mentioned you are going away?
Simple things but could make the difference between having an enjoyable time away or not!